News / Postings
We have recently updated this page to include some of the work and resources we have put into BC since 2011. We continue to seek strategic partnerships with any of the following organizations: green and/or tiny home builders; light green manufacturing companies; and solar distributors.
- March - May 2018: Visited the Pink Hill, NC tiny home festival; Met with our local planner and designer; solidified a plan for the preservation of natural beauty.
- September 2017: We took a trip to research Tiny Home hotels and communities around Portland, OR.
- August 2017: Meetings in Columbia, SC and Flat Rock, NC to visit manufacturing sites for tiny homes and park model RV's.
- July 2017: Re-started our national Google Adwords campaign for car free living and bicycle friendly communities.
- June 2016: Tree planting and site cleanup work.
- February 2016: $6,000 upgrade to our website to utilize the latest Drupal content management system version. Added a mobile version of the site.
- Summer 2015: Meetings, research and planning related to: the growing industrial park nearby that includes an Amazon Distribution Facility; expansion of the three rivers greenway in our direction.
- Summer 2014: Dam maintenance on our two small lakes; storage of BC models and other items solved via agreement with our neighbor.
- June 2013: Negotiations to attempt to purchase additional land with a major lake; design and planning on a proposed walking bridge.
- December 2011: Hiking & biking trail work begins at Bicycle City, SC.
- May 15, 2010: We are a sponsor of the first annual Tour de Midlands century bike ride in Lexington, SC.
- October 2009 - A location in South Carolina is chosen and purchased to be the first BC.
- August 12-14 2008: We sponsored and exhibited at the Southeast Watershed Forum in Charleston, South Carolina.
- July 19-21 2008: Bicycle City sponsored and exhibited at the Humane Society of the United States’ Taking Action for Animals conference in Arlington, Virginia.
- June 27-28 2008: Bicycle City sponsored and exhibited at the Ohio River Way Paddlefest in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- June 16-20 2008: Bicycle City was a presenter, sponsor and exhibitor of Towards Carfree Cities VIII in Portland, Oregon.
- April 2008 – The Bicycle City team announces their plans to the world through a presentation and exhibit at the EcoCity World Summit in San Francisco, California. Bicycle City to Present at Ecocity World Summit 2008
- May 2006 – We get seed funding to get the Bicycle City communities project off the ground.
- April 1992 – Bicycle City was conceived and presented to the American Graduate School of International Management – Thunderbird.
More than 2,000 of our visitors so far have told us they want to live, work in, or visit Bicycle City. Read what our visitors are saying about us on our comments page.